1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

motocross madness 2 blacks out

Discussion in 'Games' started by ppiepp, Oct 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ppiepp

ppiepp Thread Starter

Does anyone know why motocross madness 2 (and also a few kids actionman games) goes black when it starts up the main screen??? I can see the logos but I can´t play cause I can´t see a damn thing.... The same happens with the actionman games (jungle storm and island X)
    Has it anything to do with the Indeo codecs??

I tried the iv5setup and the indeo XP codecs, but nothing seems to help. I further think that it happens since the upgrade to SP1 from Windows XP prof.

My configuration:
    Win Xp prof Sp1
    Radeon 9700pro
    newest video drivers
    512 megs ram, P4 1.5ghz.

Please help!! My son is nagging my head off....

Thanks!!
    PpiepP

2. McTimson

McTimson

Make sure you read and do everything in this thread.

Are there any patches available for the games?

3. ppiepp

ppiepp Thread Starter

OK, i've done everything that's in your thread before I posted the question here.
    Microsoft has a patch for this problem, but that also didn't work.

What happens is that after the opening screens the game goes to the main menu. This is where it blacks out.
    I can solve this problem by pressing the "Windows key" and going back into the game. My mouse pointer is then hidden, but with some difficulty I can play the game. Whenever I return to the main menu, again the game blacks out and I have to repeat the trick.
    I can teach my son (5 yrs) to press the windows key and go back in, but I can't expect him to direct the hidden mouse pointer to the specific menu items.

So, any other suggestions are very welcome.

BTW, I don't seem to have a problem on a laptop with XP pro...
    Maybe that helps....

Thanks....

PpiepP

4. suesman

suesman

Go to Twisted Dirt & post the same question brother. I am completely sure someone there can help you out. They are the absolute best with any type of problem you might have with MCM.

You will need to register to post, but they will help you. :D

5. ppiepp

ppiepp Thread Starter

ok i'm gonna try that... thanks so far and i'll let you know....

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170758

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice