Motorcycles

Thanks. I wish I still had it. I would really prefer the mid to late 80's Honda Rebel. We referred to those as a poor mans Harley. The new ones look like crap.

RT

Pissed off at/over a woman and had the speedometer pegged at 120mph
That was a rather personal post you made there, but I can say you're not alone in that respect...:cautious:
Did the same sorta thing with my KZ 750, but didn't wreck that time, lived to suffer another day.
Frustrations and anger can make one do stupid things.

Have had a broken ankle by being stupid, trying to out run a traffic jam, car hit me, lied to my parents saying I hit a tree because the road was slick.
Not my fault :rolleyes: :whistle:

valis

I learned the fun way; 3 hospital trips for broken bones from BMX and NORBA made me realize that with anything more than pedal power, I would be pushing up daisies lol....I remember the first time I rode my buddy's Bultaco (name from the past) and jumped it.

Turns out one cannot manouvre a motorcycle in the air as easily as one can a bicycle....

lived to suffer another day.
LMAO

That was a rather personal post you made there,
For sure....but I was young and stupid. But, I did learn from it.

It was nothing like the time what me and my best friend did. He borrowed his brothers Dodge Shelby Turbo and we drove it from one city to the other at 3 am.....and a wee bit to drink...flooring it all the way. His time was 13 minutes there. My time was 9 minutes back. However, doing the speed limit takes 40 minutes.

Don't judge.....just laugh and nod you head or shake your head. LOL!

broken bones from BMX a
I broke my tail bone on a BMX bike doing a jump.....crap I got some air. I had the mag wheels on my bike. This was the era when tube forks just came out. So, new tube forks....mag wheels. I was Ric Flair'ing it.....styling and profiling my BMX bike. Wwwwooooooo!

Turns out one cannot manouvre a motorcycle in the air as easily as one can a bicycle..
Now that's just good TV right there.....I tell you what! Said in a southern accent.

valis

I broke my tail bone on a BMX bike doing a jump.....crap I got some air. I had the mag wheels on my bike. This was the era when tube forks just came out. So, new tube forks....mag wheels. I was Ric Flair'ing it.....styling and profiling my BMX bike. Wwwwooooooo!

Now that's just good TV right there.....I tell you what! Said in a southern accent.
lol...'tale yew whut' is the preferred vernacular...I had the mag wheels as well...bad kick-butt Huffy with blue tires...I was Da King...

I have to spell it for our northern neighbors, which is why I added the southern accent for us southerners. We know how to say it. LOL!

This is pretty close to what I had....circa 1980

BMX.jpg

valis

hey man....I am a Colorado boy stuck in Houston because that is where the cash is.....great people down here who will give you the shirt off of their back but DO NOT cut them off.

they hand out handguns with Happy Meals down here...

I'd love to move to Texas....or Florida....simply for the bass fishing. Holy crap....the state (TX) is so big and the water is so spread out....4 - 6 hours of travel to fish.

valis

again I am from Colorado and HATE it down here. But my son was born here so here I am.

My best friend and college roomie owns the top 2 fly fishing resorts globally, btw. Check out Dysart Alpine Anglers and if you ever get up that way say Tim sent you...that means you stay in his house...:)

valis

that goosneck was a ROYAL pita...had to figure out welding and I just made it worse...

I just found this thread....holy crap!

Here's my first every powered 2 wheel means of transportation. A Jawa moped at 18. I put 200 miles on it the first day!

View attachment 278795

Then at age 21 I picked this up for $800. A 1988 Honda NightHawk 450.

View attachment 278796

My next move was to a Harley but sadly that never happened. I wrecked this bike on a deadmans curve a few years later. Pissed off at/over a woman and had the speedometer pegged at 120mph and I ended up in a ditch. I don't know how I survived the wreck. I did and spent 3 days in the hospital with 3 broke ribs a broke nose and road rash on left shoulder and butt cheek. The bike was unrecognizable, my helmet was split from front to back. To this day I still have asphalt that makes it way to the surface of my skin. Damn I loved to ride.

Then I got married and had kids and the wife would never allow me to get another bike. And NO, my wife was not the woman mentioned above at the time I wrecked my Honda.
Speaking of bike wrecks I am so sorry this happened to you. I reside near a major highway and just last week a motorcycle with a true biker was attempting to manipulate a curve and tragically wrecked into a tree near our local bar. My husband and I as well as a few other people responded at the scene in attempts to save his life but he sadly expired before any of us had a chance to save him. I could tell he passed away because of the color of his skin and the way his body hit the ground after we made attempts to turn him over as I and another women was a former Registered Nurse attempted chest compressions and performed CPR while waiting for emergency crews to arrive.

After we confirmed his death my husband and I were slightly in shock while his friend told us how it happened and I will never forget how sorry I was for his friend's loss. :cry:

The next few days the biker's friend and his wife nailed their own personal cross that read "R.I.P Reaper" and a patch attached to the tree that read "Combat Veterans MC." as displayed below.
1594258376284.png
Photo shot from my personal mobile phone taken around June 13-14.

Every year I will pay my respects to this man. This biker's real name was Ronald Pickler from Oklahoma as I read in the local paper. This wreck ripped a giant hole in my heart since this poor man is no longer with us. My heart and prayers go out to his beloved family and friends💔:cry:

Last edited:
I am so sorry this happened to you
Don't be...but it is appreciated. That accident was a blessing in disguise....turns out that girl I was seeing/dating/engaged to was stepping out on me. It's what led me to my wife of 28 years of marriage and 4 beautiful kids, 3 girls and my boy. I have no complaints. Although I do miss riding. Even if I could get a bike now....my medical condition wont allow it. Which sucks.....I can't drive, ride my bicycle for exercise, ride a motor cycle. My eyes are so bad now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online