Tech Support Guy banner

Motorcycles

20K views 156 replies 15 participants last post by  Johnny b 
#1 ·
This is a thread simply about motorcycles.
What you own.
What you've owned in the past.
What you like the best.
The style and type of riding you do and have done.
Where you've ridden, trips you've taken.
Tips and recommendation.
What's new of interest.

Anything of interest about motorcycles.

My latest ride is a 2014 KTM Duke 690.
Great handling and a good power to weight ratio.
Best as a track bike, but I use it mostly for afternoon rides in the countryside.
The more elevation changes and twisty roads the better :D

This is a stock photo, but I'll post an image of it later:

See less See more
#126 ·
Reactions: valis
#128 ·
#127 ·
If you're interested in early British motorcycle history and it's culture, you might like this video I came across.
It's an hour long but, imo, never boring......if you're a bike lover.

• Love
Reactions: 2twenty2
#129 ·
HD to spin off their electric MC busines:

Harley-Davidson CEO: We will shine in electric motorcycles
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/harl...-shine-in-electric-motorcycles-200237527.html

The motorcycling great said this week it will merge its LiveWire electric bike operations with a SPAC [special purpose acquisition company] called AEA-Bridges Impact Corp. The deal values LiveWire at $1.77 billion.

Upon the closing sometime in the first half of 2022, Harley will hold a 74% equity interest in LiveWire.
And then there's this:
The company also disclosed a "strategic" partnership with Taiwan-based scooter maker Kymco, which will help manufacture and distribute LiveWire's electric bikes.

#140 ·
#142 ·
#148 · (Edited by Moderator)
With their discontinued 690 Duke, much of the over heating comes from an exhaust header that runs too close to the radiator. In a slow roll or stopped in hot weather, there simply isn't enough air flow through the radiator to compensate for the poor design.
Switching on the fan helps.
There isn't enough room between the radiator and head pipe for a heat shield.
A poor design.

I own one.
Fun to ride.
A lot of issues KTM ignored.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.