1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Motorola Modem Connection Problem

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Vekkuza, Dec 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Vekkuza

Vekkuza Thread Starter

I have been looking through google for 2 days now due to my internet connection issue thats been happening for the past three weeks. I only use a modem that plugs directly into my computer. Every minute I get disconnected for about 5 seconds then it reconnects. This isn't a problem on the web since it does that, but in video games it causes the latency to jump high and cause me to not play or be disconnected. Not a graphics card or anything problem bc before every worked.
    Whatever information you guys need I will post if you tell me how. Been looking on the forums for help but nonthing so far has helped. Also when I go into my network folder there isn't even a icon there.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Try another computer with your modem or your computer on somebody else's network to determine whether you have a computer, cable or modem/ISP problem.

When you lose internet access what do the modem's LEDs tell you?

3. Vekkuza

Vekkuza Thread Starter

Im currently going to try the laptop. I'm apparantly not good at computers so how do I see the LEDs?

Just tried the laptop. Didn't work. Didn't have any setups or anything since my mom has just gotten it, don't know how to do any of that also.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    What is the model of the Motorola modem? If it is a Surfboard (+ some number) its LEDs are labeled. The first 4 will normally be solid green, the 5th blinks amber to indicate traffic, and the bottom one indicates Standby.

When you tried the other computer did you remember to unplug the modem for 30 seconds or so when switching computers?

5. Vekkuza

Vekkuza Thread Starter

SB5120 SURFboard. Power, Recieve, Sned, Online, PC Activity. First four are solid green. PC Activity is orange and blinking.

Yes I tried that with the laptop. It doesn't get anything at all as for this computer gets connection atleast.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970101

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice