Motorola Modem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Dougj

I am building a new PC as follows:

- ASUS A8N SLi Premium motherboard
- AMD athlon 64 FX 57 processor
- ASUS Extreme N6800GT graphics
- 2 GB DDR 400 memory
with winXP pro.

I added a Motorola SM56 PCI Fax/data modem as I only have dial access to my ISP. The modem installed fine as did the drivers supplied with the modem. The modem queries fine, and I have known good dial tone on the end of the rj11 cable. However the modem does not dial out at all. It looks like it is attempting to dial out but after about 30 seconds indicates that the modem could not establish a connection. I have split the dial tone onto a phone that lights when the line is in use so I know that the modem is never pulling dial tone.

I checked for new drivers and I have the latest. WinXP is at SP2.

Any ideas??

Doug

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online