1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Motorola Software Update Will Not Detect my Phone

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Scoggs, Jul 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Scoggs

Scoggs Thread Starter

I have a brand new Motorola KRZR K1 Unlocked.

I want to use the Motorola Software Update to get the drivers so i can use P2K Commander to put mp3 ringtones on my phone. But i have one problem. The stupid MSU wont detect my phone. What do i do!?

2. beginnertech

beginnertech

I remember having trouble getting my Moto to update from a computer. I had to locate the specific program for my phone model on the moto iden website before I was able to update the phone. Try and see if there is a specific updater for your model.

3. Scoggs

Scoggs Thread Starter

well if i go to the motorola website, they have updater options, but i have to select a service provider, and my phone is unlocked. and if i use t-mobile(my provider) i cant select the KRZR because tmobile doesnt sell it

4. beginnertech

beginnertech

That is a setback since trying to "spoof" a service provider will probably mess everything up for you (i.e. I don’t suggest trying that). I’ve done some searching and there are ways to hack your phone to have P2K Commander work. The catch as (far as I know), your service provider needs to offer/sell the phone and yours does not. So I don’t think it can be done (someone correct me if that’s wrong).

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/599220

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice