1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved mounting images in Macrium Reflect

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Allan Murray, Mar 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Allan Murray

Allan Murray Thread Starter

I have installed the trial version of Macrium Reflect Back-up, and I have managed to do a full disk back-up image on to an external HD, but I have not managed to mount the image for browsing in Windows Explorer. The instructions are very vague. Can anyone simplify? Also, is it not possible with Macrium to include two further HDs which I use for Photos and Audio, in the same backup as the internal HD? I cannot see anything in the Instructions to cover this, or even to backup these two external HDs separately on to my Destination disc. I cannot even get them to appear. Allan

2. Sponsor

3. Allan Murray

I have had no response to this request for help. However, I have managed to solve the second part of my post. I am now able to include External HDs in my backup. However, I am still unable to successfully mount and browse the backup files. Is there anyone out there who has experience with Macrium, who would be willing to help?
    Allan.

4. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor

presuming you have installed Macrium on C drive

copy and paste this into an admin cmd prompt

dir c:\windows\system32\drivers\psmounter*

press enter and reports results please or if you know how copy cmd window and paste to reply

5. Macboatmaster

I see you have marked the topic solved so how did you mount it
    That cmd checks the state of the driver to mount in explorer

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  6. Allan Murray

I replied that I had done it through Windows Explorer, but that reply does not seem to have gone through. The process is simple. Right click on the image file and selct drive which you wish to open, assign a letter not already allocated to a drive, and right click and click on Explore. Allan

7. Macboatmaster

I know the usual process is straightforward
    http://knowledgebase.macrium.com/di...eflect+images+and+backups+in+Windows+Explorer

it is all explained in great detail in the user guide. When you posted that you could not mount it - I suspected the installation had failed to properly install the driver for such mounting and the cmd I sent is not so easily found - which as I said checks the driver state for such mount

Thank you for replying
    The user guide may well prove useful to you

8. Allan Murray

I am back again. I thought I had solved all my problems with Macrium Reflect, when I learned how to mount the image in Windows Explorer, but not so. I had previously managed to unmount the partition that I had mounted without difficulty. Now I am not succeeding. When I right click on the mounted partition, and scroll to Macrium Reflect, I am not offered 'unmount disc' option as before. Instead I am offered 'Create Macrium Image of the partition'. Same happens every time I try. What am I doing wrong? Allan.

9. Macboatmaster

10. storage_man

storage_man

I have just verified this procedure under Ver 6 of M.R, and it works. I even mounted and dismounted 6 different image files.

The question is "What is the Macrium Refect version that you are using" ? If its Version 7 which I'm assuming it is, there maybe a issue with it ?

11. Macboatmaster

Possible also as I said earlier
    so run the cmd I sent you to check

12. Allan Murray

Thank you for all this. Sorry for not getting back sooner. I am now able to mount and unmount .
    images exactly as you have described without difficulty. Problem solved
    Thanks, Allan.

13. Macboatmaster

Cheers
    Thanks for posting

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!