1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

mouse acting funny

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jrochte, Jul 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jrochte

jrochte Thread Starter

As I am working in any program, my optical mouse from dell on my dell precision workstation 670 all of the sudden moves to another position on the screen. I can be on a tab on the lower part of the screen, say in excel, and all of a sudden it will show up near the file menu. Or i'll go to hit the save button in another program and the pointer shifts to the taskbar and opens a different program in the background. This doesn't happen to regularly, but enough to get annoying. Anybody know what may be causing this?

Thanks

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    clean the mouse - around where the light is are channels - there have been a few posts now of problems with optical mice and cleaning fixed

3. jrochte

jrochte Thread Starter

In which forum are these posts. If there are any in this forum I must have missed them.

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    yep - htese forums - I answered and fixed two

5. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
  6. jrochte

jrochte Thread Starter

cleaning looked to clear it up so far. Thanks. I think why I missed the forum (at least the one that etaf had marked in his last post) was because I look as that forum being a highlighting issue not a pointing issue. I further note that I must be novice enough wityh an optical moiuse to realize that cleaning would have done the trick. Thanks again.

7. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    cool

(y)
    Would you now mark this thread solved - which you have the power to do from your first post.
    goto
    Tick - Mark Solved

Thanks (y)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/484548

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice