Mouse and keyboard not recognized fresh W10

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Nazbuster

I reset an old PC to a fresh W10 install. All went well. At Boot, wired keyboard and mouse work in BIOS (not UEFI) but when W10 starts initializing and asks for what region I’m in, I cannot respond because the keyboard and mouse don’t respond.

How do I get the proper drivers into the system so I can proceed with W10 Settings?

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I suspect the clue to the problem is here

I reset an old PC to a fresh W10 install
as this
At Boot, wired keyboard and mouse work in BIOS (not UEFI) but when W10 starts initializing and asks for what region I’m in, I cannot respond because the keyboard and mouse don’t respond.[/QUOTE]

may suggest the system just cannot cope with windows 10
Please provide some detail of the computer
for example make and full model if branded OR motherboard make and full model and CPU details if not a branded computer

Nazbuster

I suspect the clue to the problem is here

as this
Apparently the issue was that the recovery copy of Windows on the extended partition was missing some essential drivers. I downloaded an iso copy of Windows 10 and used that to initialize a different C-Drive disk and all worked fine.

Thank you for responding. Case closed.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Mark your topic solved please, click mark solved on your opening post
That does not mean we solved it, it simply saves someone else looking at it to see if it still needs help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online