1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mouse and Keyboard problems causing extreme lag :(

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ell25, Jan 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ell25

Ell25 Thread Starter

Hello,

I am having some serious issues with my mouse and keyboard but i think the problem may lie deeper than that.

The problem first occurred about 2 weeks ago while watching a film online my mouse started to stutter and was freezing for 1 second every 2 seconds then my keyboard turned off and became unusable the video began to stutter and became slower and slower until my pc crashed i had to reset and system repair.

the problem persisted with all flash videos. I could probably watch a video for about 5 seconds before the crash again.

i have deleted so much stuff off my pc and im now down to minimal programmes, i have tried games like Loadout beta which also makes the mouse, keyboard and pc crash, even not very demanding games like Terraria cause the problem

i have tried boot virus scans, normal virus scans, drivers updates including mouse, keyboard, graphics card, directx,

i just hope its not an expensive problem there are some critical errors in event viewer but i dont really know what to do about them or if this is the cause of the problem.

here are the critical errors http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/108/criticalx.png

any help would be brilliant.

Here are some specs

Mobo: MSI MS-7635
    Processor: i5 CPU 650
    Memory: 6144mb RAM
    DirectX 11

AMD Readon HD 6900 series. version: 9.12.0.0

Elliot.

2. Amd_Man

Amd_Man

What make, model and wattage power supply are you running? Is the cpu overclocked? What 6900 series card is it?

3. Ell25

Ell25 Thread Starter

Hi, thanks for the reply

PSU is powercool 80 plus 750w
    GPU is HD 6970 (the one with two fans)
    and no im not overclocked

4. Ell25

Ell25 Thread Starter

Asus 6970 direct CU 2

5. Amd_Man

Amd_Man

Never heard of powercool and can't find a review anywhere. Try checking in device manager to see if you have more than one audio driver. If so disable the one you're not using. What are temps and voltages reading in the BIOS?

6. Ell25

Ell25 Thread Starter

I did have more than one audio driver so I un-installed it and everything else I didn't need but the problems is still here

my voltages and temps are:

CPU temp: 54c / 129f
    sys temp: 26c / 78f
    CPU Vcore: 1.408 V
    CPU VTT Voltage: 1.344 V
    DRAM Voltage: 1.696 V
    3.3v: 3.344 V
    5v: 5.003 V
    12v: 11.704 V

7. Amd_Man

Amd_Man

For being idle in the BIOS your cpu temp is too high. Also the +12v rail is low for my liking. It will drop further when load is put on the system. Is the cpu fan/heatsink free of dust? Is it firmly attached to the motherboard? There should be little to no play when attached properly.

8. Ell25

Ell25 Thread Starter

My fan has no movement on my cpu.

do you recon my psu is breaking then ?

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086776

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice