1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mouse and PC freezing

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Rhettman5.1, Feb 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rhettman5.1

Rhettman5.1 Thread Starter

Hi all, my sis TooToby is having a strange problem..
    shortly after booting, her mouse slowly tracks to the top center of her screen and then freezes, not just the mouse, the whole PC freezes, this problem started a few weeks ago, but was intermittent, now however, she can only navigate for a short time.

This sounds like a virus or trojan issue to me, she uses AVG and it's updated, shows clear, she also has updated spybot, also clear ! The PC is a Gateway 450MHZ Win 98SE... anyone have any ideas...Rhett (she would have posted herself, but her pc is freezing up to fast)

2. mtbird

mtbird

Rhett....
    Have her try to start up in safe mode. Could be a driver problem.

Debe

3. Rhettman5.1

Rhettman5.1 Thread Starter

She rebooted in safe-mode, worked fine, then rebooted after doing NO changes and windows found and reloaded mousedrivers..all appears well, ...I'll never live long enough to figure these things out :)...Rhett

Guess it's solved...for now...:confused:

4. TooToby

TooToby

Just wanted to second the "thanks". So far, so good. If it happens again, I will be back, but think you solved it! Sure hope so!

5. mtbird

mtbird

It's Windows, Rhett ! Why even try :rolleyes: :p

Glad to hear TT is back up and running :) somebody has to keep an eye on you ;)

Debe

Edit......Hi TT ! Glad everythings ok now !

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!