1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mouse Becomes Unresponsive

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by mswhorn, Nov 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mswhorn

mswhorn Thread Starter

Running ME on a AMD750 w/ 256M of RAM
    I leave my computer running continuously - for no apparent reason the mouse will become unresponsive. It dosen't freeze, it just takes a lot of moving the mouse for the cursor to respod. I've tried closing all programs one at a time but the only thing that works is to reboot. Then all is well for awhile - sometimes it is ok for a couple of days, sometimes only a few hours.

Any ideas? I suspect it has something to do w/ ME. I've also had some problems loading my EasyPhoto software and problems recording CDs after installing ME.

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Have you checked for updated mouse drivers for Windows ME?

3. hornetsjet

hornetsjet

Hi! I don think this is a problem of the driver...

what i wanna say is.... actually, i also have a same problem like mswhorn...When the mouse become unable to control and even don respond anymore, the system information didn't discover that the mouse but the keyboard can... I think this is because virus or anything else.....

Were the mouse stop responding when u're online?

4. $teve

$teve

well guys........a couple of months back i bought a logitec mouseman,cordless optical mouse.........very smart........got rid of that damn cable that we are always tugging at.
    a couple of weeks ago my mouse did exactly the same as you describe.....and after all the praise i gave my mouse i was ready for throwing it across the room,i changed the batteries and that didnt help.
    BUT.......after a full defrag,everything is rosey again.
    the simplest of things.
    just a thought.:rolleyes:

5. mswhorn

mswhorn Thread Starter

Thanks for the suggestions. This usually happens when I am online. I last defraged on 10/24 and will try that today.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/58629