1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mouse behavior in XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by fpat, Feb 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fpat

fpat Thread Starter

I am new to Win XP, and am having a problem with my mouse. If I let the cursor rest on a menu item, folder, etc. for a few seconds, it behaves as though I had clicked the mouse button, causing things to happen that I did not want. Is this normal? Can it be changed?

2. mal1930

mal1930

HI, Got to folder options in the control panel and it will give you a list of options in regard to mouse clicks.

If you are new to XP I would persevere with the start menu as you will get use to it and once you do it is rather neat.

If you don't want to try to get use to it go to the Start Menu, right click, click on properties, then click on advance and once again there is a menu. Uncheck open when I hover mouse box. Peace Mal

3. fpat

fpat Thread Starter

Thanks, Mal. I'll give it a try in the morning.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/116907

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice