Mouse behavior in XP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

fpat

I am new to Win XP, and am having a problem with my mouse. If I let the cursor rest on a menu item, folder, etc. for a few seconds, it behaves as though I had clicked the mouse button, causing things to happen that I did not want. Is this normal? Can it be changed?

HI, Got to folder options in the control panel and it will give you a list of options in regard to mouse clicks.

If you are new to XP I would persevere with the start menu as you will get use to it and once you do it is rather neat.

If you don't want to try to get use to it go to the Start Menu, right click, click on properties, then click on advance and once again there is a menu. Uncheck open when I hover mouse box. Peace Mal

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online