Mouse behavior

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

PJ Staley

Recently when I use my mouse, the cursor goes flying off in a different direction. I can be right in the middle of creating a mask in Photoshop, or simply perusing websites in a browser and "zing!":eek:, off it goes. Now that is my (Old style) wired mouse. My wireless mouse is acting lethargic and, well, for lack of a better word, queasy. It wiggles and acts strange. What in the world is going on?

Here are a few tips:

Check the surface the mouse is used on. Is it clean? Smooth? Consistent surface texture?

Is the bottom of the mouse dirty? Clean the sensor, and the feet.

Does your wireless mouse need new batteries?

Are these old mice? Even though the last a long time, they don't last forever.

Can you test with a different mouse? Maybe borrow someone elses for a few minutes.

PJ Staley

It's a laser mouse, (both of them are laser actually) so there's no mouse ball or inner workings to get dirty. There are no parts on either mouse to clean as far as I can see. The wireless mouse charges on it's base which it stays in most of the time. I could hang with the consistent surface method, but the mouse(s) (meeses?) can be sitting perfectly still and it does the same thing. I am befuddled!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online