Mouse Button 4 Goes Back 2 Pages

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wr7777

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. Now, when using the mouse button 4, which is designated as 'Internet Explorer backward', I go back two pages instead of one. The driver is Microsoft's from 2006-06-21, version 10.0.19041.1. I did a check to update the driver, but it didn't find anything.

Any suggestions on how to correct this problem?

Thanks for any help.

wr7777

It's a Monoprice 5 button ergonomic optical mouse, model MEM-116.

I had no problems with it in Windows 7.

Can't find any drivers when searching for that model.
May need the device id from Device Manager...

See how to get that here:
https://www.wikihow.com/Find-Hardware-ID

This could be a hardware issue with the button wearing out and registering as two clicks.

Try going to Settings -> Devices -> Mouse -> Additional Mouse Options
I think this will open on a Buttons tab. Are there settings for the 4th and 5th buttons here? Switch them (set 4th to Forward, set 5th to Back). Then test if back still skips, and if forward now skips.

Last edited:

wr7777

Thanks for your reply. Switching the buttons didn't work, but I did solve the problem by uninstalling the mouse software that was carried over in my upgrade from 7 to 10 (which worked fine in 7).

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online