1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mouse button appears to stick but it isn't stuck

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Alex Ethridge, Feb 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge Thread Starter

Occasionally, when I click on something, the computer behaves as though I am holding down the left mouse button. Example: I'll click to scroll something like a web page or a list of files in Windows Explorer and it continues to scroll until either I click again or I remove the pointer from the scroll button.

I have had this problem off and on for about four years and thought it was only I who was having it because I never heard anyone else complain about this kind of behavior. I swapped wireless mice and the problem continued; but, when I went to a wired mouse the problem went away for several months, making me think that maybe something here was interfering with the radio signal. So I continued with the wired mouse thinking I had solved the problem; but, now the problem has come back even with the wired mouse AND I am hearing the same complaint from a couple of my customers.

This is a relatively recent problem that seemingly developed in the last four years or so and never in my eighteen-year history with computers before that.

Anyone else seeing this kind of problem?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1089902

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice