1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

mouse clicking uncontrollably by itself

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by steve732, Sep 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. steve732

steve732 Thread Starter

ok for the past month my mouse has gotten progressively worse, it started off by not working sometimes for a few minutes during gaming which we all know can be very annoying, now it has progressed to the point of clicking like there is a mad man behind it which is equally annoying, as i write this it has highlighted words by itself sometimes deleting them. I was assuming at first it was just the mouse but during this i was also having a problem with my keyboard constantly typing 11111111, but this has stopped now its just my mouse going crazy which has been leading me to believe it is my usbs

this is my mouse
    https://www.amazon.com/Zelotes-Button-Optical-Wired-Gaming/dp/B00IFRH6JS

this is my keyboard
    https://www.amazon.com/Razer-Blackw...504458543&sr=1-2&keywords=blackwidow+keyboard

and this is my motherboard
    https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z170 Pro4S/index.us.asp

any help no matter what would be appreciated im just hoping its just my mouse and i wont have to get a new motherboard for new usbs

DiverseVibetations likes this.
  2. DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

Beg, borrow, or steal another USB mouse and plug it in. If you have to, buy a cheapie (less than $10). Unplug your gaming mouse.
    If the temporary mouse doesn't work a lot better, boot into Safe mode and try it there. Staying in Safe Mode, if it still misbehaves, unplug your keyboard. If the new/borrowed mouse is still wonky, its a hardware problem.
    By the way, it is safe to plug and unplug USB devices when the PC is on; just not PS/2 devices or storage devices.

3. steve732

steve732 Thread Starter

ok ill try this and get back to u

4. DiverseVibetations

DiverseVibetations

Omg I had a out of control mouse problem where it clicked uncontrolably and made me at times hella frustrated.
    This is how to fix the crazy mouse problem. Different versions of windows will have different wording, so good luck and don't worrry. On windows 10 just srtart by clicking the start button and then typing into start "mouse". Now open mouse options (not advanced mouse options)

like the boss that you could be if you just stayed calm and focused a little bit on the task at hand, find mouse option that says the following and UN-CLICK it: "Scroll inactive windows when I over over them". (If you're on windows 10 and you don't see that, then close everything and start over.=, the mouse has 2 options windows in w10. Good luck retrieving sanity and control over your awol mouse cursor! (if all else fails, try feeding it some cheese.)

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  5. DiverseVibetations

DiverseVibetations

On windows ten go to start (press start button) & like the pc guru which you're becoming now, go to the mouse options and switch OFF ""scroll inactive windows when i hover over them.""
    I did it 20 minutes ago and I'm happy that my mouse isn't dispaying anymore signs of insanity.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1195793

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice