1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

mouse cursor freezes

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Rick400, Feb 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick400

Rick400 Thread Starter

Hi everyone,
    My mouse cursor freezes on the screen everyonce in a while .After I wait about 10 seconds I can move it.
    I have a HP7920 and my os is Windows ME.

2. DaveCovenant

DaveCovenant

This is usually indicitave that your computer is busy processing something else at the time (another program)...or that your system resources are low...

To find out if either of these are the case...
    1.) Reboot your computer...
    2.) Right click on My Computer...
    3.) Select properties...
    4.) Select Performance...

If your performance is more than 85%...your computer should typically be fine. (Be aware that opening more programs throughout the day can lower this number...at that point...it should always be kept above 70%...if it's not...you should look into adding more RAM.
    If your performance is less than 85% on boot...try this...

1.) Start
    2.) Run
    3.) Msconfig
    4.) Startup...(the top right option usually...)

You're going to notice that a number of these are checked...Most of them shouldn't be...and others you might want to keep...Virtually every program puts itself here after installation, slowing your computer. Monitor this frequently...

I hope that these simple solutions help...

- David

3. ***ROPAK***

***ROPAK***

I had the same problem, on a simular machine. Do you have a ATI video card? The video driver was the culprit for my machine.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117930

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice