1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mouse, dead?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Animated, Jun 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Animated

Animated Thread Starter

My mouse is a USB wireless Microsoft, everything is lit up on it, new batteries and all but the computer is acting like it's not there.
    I have a digital camera card reader plugged in which the computer is still detecting but plug-n-play (or that grey icon witht he green arrow..think they're the same) stopped showing up, something tells me thats all related. I'm on Windows ME and I'm at a loss for what to do. The mouse is detecting the computer, but the computer doesn't seem to be detecting the mouse.

PS: It came with a normal mouse jack for it, I tried that and still no reaction, help. (I'm currently using my numeric pad as a mouse) :confused:

2. ft.

ft.

I had that exact problem, i just uninstalled it, and plugged it into another usb port (likely no effect there) and it worked. Maybe some new drivers are in order.

3. Animated

Animated Thread Starter

How did you go about uninstalling it? I can't find anything slightly firmiliar in add/remove programs and plug-n-play isn't detecting it as new.

4. ft.

ft.

Device manager. Control panel > system > hardware > device manager.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/235515

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice