1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mouse Dead?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by peril0us, Apr 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peril0us

peril0us Banned Thread Starter

Today my mouse just decided that the left-click wouldnt do anything. It happened after my computer launched and set up an Age of Empires game... and it was working perfectly fine before then. I tried rebooting, cleaning the mouse... still doesnt work. When i went into mouse options i changed the buttons around so i can now click normally with the right side, but the left side still doesnt work. Ive never had a mouse die before... do you think my mouse is dead???

Its a WiseTech USB Optical mouse... about 4 years old, and i have Windows XP. If someone could help me it would be muchly appreciated!

Its got big worn down patches on the clickers and is really old so i wouldnt be surprised if its gone. :rolleyes:

2. winbob

winbob

Personally I think that the mouse had a stroke and is impaired on the left-side.

After 4 years of gaming/clicking, invest in a new one!

3. qldit

qldit

G'day, yes I would suggest a "Viking funeral" this is where you get arrested by burning the thing in your back yard and the neighbours call the police because of the pollution stench. Hard to part with aren't they, you hate to toss your inseparable friend in the rubbish.
    Maybe driving your car over it a few times on the highway, then every time you pass that place in future you can nod your head in memory and say a few words to yourself.
    Of course that might be better done in private so that you won't end up in an asylum.
    People don't understand these days!!!
    Cheers, qldit.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/349058

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice