1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

mouse does not stop at edge of screen.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by musiclover, Sep 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. musiclover

musiclover Thread Starter

Hey all,

I recently installed a new graphics card and driver, and now my mouse doesn't stop at the edge of the screen. Instead it just keeps right on going into the invisible realm, and sometimes when I lose it I have to move it around alot to get it back on the screen. Is there a way to get the mose to once again stay on the screen while I'm using it, even if I get a little sloppy with my right hand. I want to make sure my wife doesn't lose it for good tomorrow when she gets online. Thanks

2. GwizJoe

GwizJoe

What kind of mouse are you using?

I had a friend that had a similar problem.She had installed a nice Logitec Optical USB mouse and it gave her problems almost right away.The mouse would just *blink* disappear when it was being moved.
    I looked at the control interface for the mouse and saw that it had some "Acceleration" levels (none,Low,Medium,High) that were optional as well as the standard "Slide bar" control for the speed.Well...,the "Acceleration" level was set to 'Low',but the slider was on full speed.I set the "Acceleration" level up to Medium and drop the Speed control way down.It seemed to work much better.I described it as "trying to drive 60mph with the car in 2nd gear.Sure,you can do it,but not for very long".
    The mouse seemed to respond just as fast and no longer disappeared.

I'd try slowing it down once and see if that doesn't stop it from hiding...

3. musiclover

musiclover Thread Starter

No, This is not the problem. I can see the mouse just fine while it is on the screen. It is when it goes off the edge of the screen that I have problems. I'm using windows xp by the way. Usually in the past, if I drug the mouse to the edge of the screen it would stop there, no matter how much further I went. Right now though it just keeps on going, and however much it goes off, that is how much I have to pull it back to get it back on the screen. Man, I hope what I am trying to explain here makes sense. The mouse never disappears while it is on the screen, it just doesn't stop at the edge of the screen. Instead it just goes off the screen like as though the screen extended beyond what is visible. Thats the best I can do for an explanation...

4. GwizJoe

GwizJoe

No,that's a good enough explanation. I am not familiar enough with XP to know if there is a configuration for retaining the mouse to the desktop.
    I'll look into it further...,there may be something in the OS forum.

5. GwizJoe

GwizJoe

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168226

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice