Mouse double click problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

vision14

Hello everyone!:) I have come across an annoying problem which I cannot solve by myself. I have a Q-Pad 5k gaming mouse which I bought about one year ago. Recently, it started to double click even though I single click. I have tried with a different mouse and it works fine, but the interesting part is that the mouse works very well on my laptop. I believe it may be the USB ports of my desktop, but I may be wrong. Once I connect it to my laptop it works fine, then when I connect it to my desktop works fine for about 10 mins and then starts the double click "ritual" again. Any feedback is appreciated.:D

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
In Control Panel > Mouse as a test try swapping the left and right buttons over, if single click on the right button works ok now the left click switch is probably faulty.

Swap them back and see if changing the double-click speed helps.

vision14

In Control Panel > Mouse as a test try swapping the left and right buttons over, if single click on the right button works ok now the left click switch is probably faulty.

Swap them back and see if changing the double-click speed helps.
I have tried that already, and if I swap them the left click works normally. But I cannot say that the switch is faulty because on my laptop works flawlessly. Could it be a driver problem?

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
It could be driver related, try uninstalling it in Device Manager and rebooting, the driver should be re-installed automatically.

Is it a special driver just for that mouse ?

vision14

Thanks for the suggestion. I am going to give it a try. And yes, it has its own driver.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online