Mouse double-clicks on single click

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AgileWhisk

For a long time now I've been experiencing issues with my old mouse. My old mouse either double-clicked on a single click, or didn't click at all. I assumed the mouse was failing and got a new one. The new mouse is working fine 99% of the time, but every now and then it will randomly double-click on a single click. The mouse can't be failing as it's brand new. I suspect that when it double-clicks that it is registering the downward click as a click and the upward release as a click as well. What I fail to understand is why this only occurs rarely. For the past week I've been attempting to notice when it does double-click and see that it doesn't matter what application I'm using and that I am not double-clicking by mistake.

Oddba11

Jim
In most instances, especially when it's that rare of an occurance, it's operator error.

Having said that, you can adjust the double click speed in the mouse settings (Control Panel / Mouse / buttons tab).

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online