1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mouse double clicks....

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Oblivion, Mar 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Oblivion

Oblivion Thread Starter

Well ive just began to notice this problem after about a few hours after it started. Whenever I single click the left mouse button it double clicks on its own and after about 20-30 sec it does it again and ive tested this a couple of time on some open folders. What i did was restore down each window and usualy when you double click the top of a window it maximizes or minimizes depending on which form its in. Ive timed it and it seems that even when my click is a fraction of a secound it still double clicks on its own and ive tried from changing and resetting the setting ive even opend the mouse and cleaned it out from top to bottom the problem went away for about hald a day but its back again so im out of ideas and i need some help on this.

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

The obvious suggestion would be to try another mouse.

It has all the hallmarks of a component failure in the mouse?

3. rhorne4

rhorne4

Is it by any chance a microsoft mouse?

4. Arcadion

Arcadion

Sounds like the left mouse button microswitch is worn out, if it is it's time for a new mouse. This can happen either through years of use, or if you hit it too hard, say in a moment of frustration while playing Ultima IX...

5. Arcadion

Arcadion

Thanks, I went to type "microswitch" and "microsoft" came out instead :eek:

6. rhorne4

rhorne4

I had trouble with a microsoft mouse that was doing the same thing.It happened after i updated the drivers for the mouse,so i rolled back my drivers an that solved my problem.

7. Oblivion

Oblivion Thread Starter

Well any sugestions on a mouse cause this peice of crap is going in the smelter.

8. rockinmale

rockinmale

I would recommend the logitec mx500. It's a bit more on the pricier side but its worth it. The mouse fits like a glove in your hand. After a few family tried my mouse, they ended up buying cause they loved it so much.

I hope this helps.

9. rhorne4

rhorne4

logitec,microsoft both make a good mouse.i like my microsoft mouse and i also have an hp mouse i like.all wireless.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/336984

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice