Mouse Freezing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Roliocat

I have a ps/2 mouse connected which freezes anywhere, anytime, in any software but there is still some life. The pointer wont move but highlights on a dropdown menu will still move up/down as I move the mouse. Keyboard still works fine during mouse freeze. A reboot normalises everything until next freeze. I have tried - reducing hardware acceleration, installed a memory manager, a DOS mouse driver (still freezes), different ports for the mouse, swopping mouses - still no luck. My system is as follows: Mouse on COM1 and IRQ4. ST-KTVAE M/Board. AMD 1.2ghz Thunderbird CPU, 256MB RAM, S3 Savage 8MB Video Card, 40GB HD, Running WIndows 98.
Can anybody help please?

Most likely you have to much in your startup using all your resourses up... Try taking some things out of the startup menu by going to start/run/ msconfig/startup & unchecking the items not needed to load at bootup.

If that doesn't help you may want to run Ad-aware for spyware.
if you don't have ad aware it can be downloaded free at http://www.lavasoftusa.com

Savvy :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online