1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mouse Help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DrkSdBls, Sep 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DrkSdBls

DrkSdBls Thread Starter

I'm havig a few issues with my mouse that I'd like some help with.

First one is that every so often, when I open a new window or switch between windows, my Mouse pointer will become invisible. My mouse will still work. I move the mouse and the pointer will still move over the screen causing the links to lightup under it but I just can't see the pointer itself.

Second issue I have is the Mouse's sensitivity seems to keep changing or something. I'm not quite sure what's up with it but sometimes, as I move my mouse, the pointer seams sluggish while other times it moves far more then I wanted it to, expecially when I try to scroll. Sometimes when I scroll, the window will Shoot down way past I intended point and I would have to scroll back up and then it'll act like it has a mind of it's own and I have to fight the wheel to even stay where I want it. Ever had it where the wheel acts like it's stuck halfway through a scroll and makes the Screen "Quake" and bounce up and down? It does that.

Anyway, I've tried changing the Mouse settings around but it hasn't helped. Any ideas?

2. lehatche

lehatche

What type of mouse is it? Usb,mechanical (roller ball),etc.....Have you tried going into manager and deleteing the mouse then rebooting?

3. DrkSdBls

DrkSdBls Thread Starter

It's an Optical. And no, I haven't tried that but then again, don't rightly know where I put it's installation disk.

4. dobhar

dobhar

How old is the optical mouse? Have you tried another optical or ball mouse to see if it still happens? I had a Logitech Optical that was almost 1.5 years old and was starting to get similar "shaking" symptoms. Uninstalled and reinstalled driver made no change to problems. Tried an old ball mouse (backup mouse) and it had no issues so I bought a new Optical and the problem went away.
    You should be able to download from manufacturers web page. What make is it?

5. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

Try updating your graphics drivers, after all it is them that are doing the work.

6. DrkSdBls

DrkSdBls Thread Starter

Alright. I uninstalled and reinstalled but still no help.

Also, I just updated my Drivers resently so I don't see how they can be too much of a problem, even though I noticed doing so fixed a few other problems.... just not this one.

Only problem with the Ball Mouse is that I can never predict just when I problem will occur and in the meintime, I HATE Ball Mice...... Ah well, I'll work on that then.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/269896

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice