1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mouse is acting screwy-please help!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by beckri, Jan 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. beckri

beckri Thread Starter

I'm getting so frustrated with this stinkin' computer!
    I have replaced several mouses, thinking each time that they were just crap. Each time I changed, the new one works fine for a time. Then they start acting up. (Yes, I've opened and cleaned the balls and rollers.) I'll try to move the pointer and while my hand moves, the pointer stays where it is until I lose my temper and play rough with it.:) My current mouse is a GE scroll mouse 97859. I've looked online for drivers for it but haven't come up with anything.
    When I go to the control panel and click on mouse, it shows a logitech wireless mouse as my current mouse. While I did have this mouse used on here before, it isn't anymore. I'm wondering if this could be the problem and how do I fix it?

2. telegramsam

telegramsam

Go to add/remove programs in your control panel and see if there is still a program installed for the mouse. Restart when your're done and see if that solves the problem.

3. beckri

beckri Thread Starter

There's nothing there that I don't recognize or that would be something for that mouse. Thank you for the suggestion. If you (or anyone else, too) think of anything, I'll gladly check back into it in the morning.

4. telegramsam

telegramsam

Go back into your device manager and disable that wireless mouse.

See what happens then. Also, see if a mouse is detected in your BIOS. It should be a PS/2 mouse if that's what you're using--the wireless would have been USB, I assume...?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538126

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice