1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mouse is Frozen on my laptop asus

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ANS718, Mar 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ANS718

ANS718 Thread Starter

My mouse cursor is frozen on my laptop. My Husband let my son play with my laptop, and now the mouse is frozen. I shut it down and restarted it several times. I only know how to get around on my laptop using the tab button. I am using my phone to ask this question now. Please help me.

2. oksteve

oksteve

If you have a means to roll back your system then that should take care of it. Or your trackpad needs updated drivers.
    Go to the support pages on the net for Asus and they will gve you the required info
    Your son may have right clicked somewhere disabling the mouse.
    Look in system properties under track pad and see if the check box is unticked

3. ANS718

ANS718 Thread Starter

The trackpad drivers are working properly

Asus support it s a joke they had be reboot my computer, which I previously did.

I thought about it. The mouse worked on the main start up board right before logging in under our usual user name, so I created another username using Tab to get around.
    The pointer is working fine under the new user name. Which lead me to believe this is not a hardware problem. Am I right? If so what kind of problem is it, and how do I go about getting it fixed. I would still like to access that user name and use of my mouse.

Thank you.

4. maceman

maceman

Are you using TouchPad or usb mouse?
    Synapsis TouchPad settings you can check from the Control Panel
    XP: Control Panel->Printers and other devises->Mouse
    Vista & 7: Control Panel->Hardware and Sound->Mouse

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/910443

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice