1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mouse is not working :(!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Hambuga, Mar 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Hambuga

Hambuga Thread Starter

Hi,

am using Windows 7 on my acer 6930 laptop and my mouse is not working. It works on my friends' laptops. It doesn't even get detected under the mouse and pointing devices in the device manager. It's only detected under the Universal Serial Bus Controllers as USB composite device and also under the Human Interface devices. The mouse lights up and all but it doesnt do anything to the pointer and am currently using my touchpad.

PLEASE HELP :(!

2. Hambuga

Hambuga Thread Starter

sorry for double posting but i'd like to add another thing,

I also uninstalled the device and installed it again and it still doesn't work. It only works on my friends' laptops. And I also tried with another different mouse

3. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Are there any ? or ! characters in Device Manager ? If yes what are they next to ?

Do the Usb ports on your Acer work with other hardware than the mouse connected to them ?

4. Hambuga

Hambuga Thread Starter

no there are no ? and ! on the device manager
    and the usb ports do work with other things. Like my printer and my external Hard drive

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/988736

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice