1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mouse is wack

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ussj4gohan, Jan 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ussj4gohan

ussj4gohan Thread Starter

Hi. This is gonna sound odd but every time I move my mouse real fast it goes out of control. If I don't move the mouse the cursor stays but with one little twitch and it is half-way across the screen again. This also tends to happen in Linux but Win2k is the worst. If I don't move it for about 3 seconds it goes back to normal until I move it fast again. And I am not even moving it that fast!!! Please help. Thank you.

2. Dan O

Dan O

What make and model, and what drivers are you using in w2k?

3. ussj4gohan

ussj4gohan Thread Starter

Same as when it wasnt happening

nVidia GeForce2 MX 200 - 23.11 Nvidia Driver
    VIA 4in1v Motherboard Driver for ASUS A7V 133 MB

I didn't directly install any other drivers besides those. And like I said, Linux has the same problem (though not nearly as bad) when under the GUI (gnome). I think it's hardware but am not sure. My mouse was just fine last I checked tho. hhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....... Thanx for the help.

4. perseous

perseous

Actually Linux might be causing the problem. It has been my experiance that Linux hangs around even after an fdisk and will cause havoc.

5. Brooks

Brooks Guest

I think he was asking what make of mouse. Some mice have an accelerator setting in thier drivers. Logitech has this in thier software and if it is set to high, it will rocket to the other side of the screen with just a twitch. This could be the problem you are experincing.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66667

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice