Mouse is wack

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ussj4gohan

Hi. This is gonna sound odd but every time I move my mouse real fast it goes out of control. If I don't move the mouse the cursor stays but with one little twitch and it is half-way across the screen again. This also tends to happen in Linux but Win2k is the worst. If I don't move it for about 3 seconds it goes back to normal until I move it fast again. And I am not even moving it that fast!!! Please help. Thank you.

ussj4gohan

Same as when it wasnt happening

nVidia GeForce2 MX 200 - 23.11 Nvidia Driver
VIA 4in1v Motherboard Driver for ASUS A7V 133 MB

I didn't directly install any other drivers besides those. And like I said, Linux has the same problem (though not nearly as bad) when under the GUI (gnome). I think it's hardware but am not sure. My mouse was just fine last I checked tho. hhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....... Thanx for the help.

Actually Linux might be causing the problem. It has been my experiance that Linux hangs around even after an fdisk and will cause havoc.

Brooks

I think he was asking what make of mouse. Some mice have an accelerator setting in thier drivers. Logitech has this in thier software and if it is set to high, it will rocket to the other side of the screen with just a twitch. This could be the problem you are experincing.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online