Solved Mouse Issue

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lschul

I have been using a USB Logitech M100 mouse for years. All of a sudden, it seems like I must click 2x on everything to get the window, etc to function. Is that a software issue or is my mouse starting to fail? It's intermittent...

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Can you try the M100 on a different computer ? Or try a different mouse on your computer ?

lschul

I am trying it in a different USB outlet on the tower right now. We'll see how it goes today and I will report back.

RT

As Allan mentioned, your best bet first step is to swap out the M100, that should confirm - or eliminate - the notion of any mechanical problem with the mouse.
Mice do wear out...

lschul

I tried to hook up a wireless Logitech but it wouldn't work for some reason. Seems it couldn't find Windows updates even though it was installing and searching. My computer is about 9 years old but I keep it updated and running well for the most part. Maybe I just need another USB mouse.

lschul

I got a cheapy USB mouse from Wal Mart (something is rattling inside...), anyhow, it is working perfectly. I guess I just need to get a new Logitech, it has worked well for many years. Must be simply worn out.

RT

Glad to hear that!

If you're problem is solved, would you please mark this thread as "Solved?" :)

plodr

Liz
I own two Logitech M317c mice and they work fine in Windows 7. (I never install the software.)
Target has sales on this model. I might have gotten the last one for $9.99.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online