1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mouse Issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lschul, Dec 7, 2018.

Advertisement
  1. lschul

lschul Thread Starter

I have been using a USB Logitech M100 mouse for years. All of a sudden, it seems like I must click 2x on everything to get the window, etc to function. Is that a software issue or is my mouse starting to fail? It's intermittent...

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Can you try the M100 on a different computer ? Or try a different mouse on your computer ?

3. lschul

lschul Thread Starter

I am trying it in a different USB outlet on the tower right now. We'll see how it goes today and I will report back.

4. lschul

lschul Thread Starter

I am wondering if it is a Chrome issue?

5. RT

RT

As Allan mentioned, your best bet first step is to swap out the M100, that should confirm - or eliminate - the notion of any mechanical problem with the mouse.
    Mice do wear out...

6. lschul

lschul Thread Starter

I tried to hook up a wireless Logitech but it wouldn't work for some reason. Seems it couldn't find Windows updates even though it was installing and searching. My computer is about 9 years old but I keep it updated and running well for the most part. Maybe I just need another USB mouse.

7. lschul

lschul Thread Starter

I got a cheapy USB mouse from Wal Mart (something is rattling inside...), anyhow, it is working perfectly. I guess I just need to get a new Logitech, it has worked well for many years. Must be simply worn out.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1220198

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice