1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mouse issues

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by dogmansemail, May 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dogmansemail

dogmansemail Thread Starter

I am having issues with my mouse giving me lag when I use adobe photoshop 2014, the CPU goes above 30% or the HDD is doing large file movements. I have tried to update the drivers, i made sure that my motherboard bios are up to date. Any other ideas?

PC Specs:
    Motherboard: ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0
    CPU: AMD FX-9590 Vishera 8-Core 4.7GHz
    Ram: 2x Team Elite Plus 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333
    Video Card: R7-250A-CLF4 Radeon R7 250 2GB
    Power supply: EVGA 600 B 80 PLUS BRONZE
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 ST3000DM001 3TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache

2. CleaverX

CleaverX

Well you can try a different mouse and /or you should buy and install a small SSD, then go into Photoshop and change the location of the scratch disk to the SSD. You should also consult a Photoshop user forums for information on maximizing your resources and user experience.
    Also there is the possibility that based on what you are doing, 8gb of Ram may not be enough.

3. dogmansemail

dogmansemail Thread Starter

Thank you for your response. I have tried 3 different mice. The issue is not limited to using Photoshop. I also have 16 gb of ram. I recently upgraded my hard drive from a 300gb to the 3TB. With the old hard drive we had this issue as well. I did install a completely fresh version of windows. I have tried new usb ports and they seem to make the issue not happen for a very limited time.

PC Specs:
    Motherboard: ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0
    CPU: AMD FX-9590 Vishera 8-Core 4.7GHz
    Ram: 2x Team Elite Plus 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333
    Video Card: R7-250A-CLF4 Radeon R7 250 2GB
    Power supply: EVGA 600 B 80 PLUS BRONZE
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 ST3000DM001 3TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!