1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mouse keeps double clicking!

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Sagen, Feb 26, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sagen

Sagen Thread Starter

Feb 15, 1999
    Just recently my mouse keeps double clicking when I only want to singe click. I checked the mouse properties and everything was fine, then I reinstalled the mouse drivers and it still didn't work. I've also rebooted and still have the same problem. My mouse just seems to have a mind of it's own lately. Any ideas how to tame my mouse? I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
  2. Paul Nagel

Paul Nagel

Sep 19, 1999
    Do you have a spare mouse to try? If the replacement does not d-click, then the original mouse may have a dirty/bad switch internally. If it is the mouse, you could try and take it apart and check/clean it if you feel comfortable with the idea of working on it. You did not state what type of mouse you are using but some have the option to single click instead of d-clicking which can be enabled in Control Panel>Mouse. I am not sure but i think there is further adjustments for the mouse avaible in the Accesability feature. I cant check on that though as i do not have it on my computer.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/20329