1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

mouse, keyboard, and monitor not working after power surge (Moved from Windows 10)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Pistor, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Pistor

Pistor Thread Starter

My PC worked fine lsat night. I went to bed and shut it off. Last night there was a power surge. This morning I turned my PC on and the lights inside it and components turned on, but my keyboard, mouse, and monitor do not turn on.

I brought my computer into my brother's room and tried his equipment with my computer and everything worked fine. Though when I brought it back into my room, none of my stuff still worked. When I plugged my peripherals into his computer, everything worked fine. When I plugged his peripherals into my computer in my room, none of it worked.

I attempted to move my computer back into his room and use his gear to play some games, but now none of his gear works on my PC anymore.

I'm assuming that my computer instantly boots into some sort of BIOS/ Safe mode and therefore doesn't power the keyboard, mouse, or monitor.

Also, I had this same issue about 2 months ago and brought it to a PC repair place. They couldn't find anything wrong with it and handed it back to me about two days later. I plugged it back into my same mouse, keyboard, and monitor that I have today and it all worked fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    No that doesn't happen, you should get some sort of display on the monitor just after switching the computer on.

Also the monitor is usually powered separately from the computer so it should at least show a power light if it's on, does your monitor do that ?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1228426

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice