Mouse/Keyboard clicks and typing delayed reaction

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bubbabeanextreme

I've been having this issue for a few months now. I open my browser and start typing in the address bar and the first half of my search term isn't there. I click to open a new tab, and the new tab opens but about a second or even two later. I've done the usual maintenance routine and there's no change. What could be making this happen ? Note that this doesn't happen every single time.
(C:OS 12og ssd, G: 500g hdd J: is a system partition, K: is a 500g ssd, J: 500g external drive)

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3947 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000, 1845 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 110 GB (37 GB Free); G: 450 GB (365 GB Free); J: 0 GB (0 GB Free); K: 473 GB (120 GB Free); L: 465 GB (138 GB Free);
Motherboard: Gateway, SJV70_HR
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Your one previous topic posted on the day you joined the site 6 March
https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-display-freezing-momentarily-mouse-too.1224039/
was replied to the next day, but no response was received from you.

I do appreciate of course, that the problem you asked for help with then, may have been solved without the advice offered on that topic.
However whilst I am keen to try and help you, my typing of a reply and offering advice, is a waste of my time, if you are not going to respond

As a first approach what browser is this problem with and although you say you have
I've done the usual maintenance routine and there's no change.
I do not of course know what this maintenance was.

Try on the browser launching it in Safe Mode or without add-ons, that is the same effect but the name it is called by is dependant on the browser.
For instance in IE it is without add-ons
Press Windows key + R and then type “iexplore -extoff” without quotes and press ENTER.

Note: There is space after iexplore.

Check if issue persists, if no then add-ons may be causing the error.

In Firefox it is
How to start Firefox in Safe Mode
Click the menu button
, click help
Click the menu button
, click Help and select Restart with Add-ons Disabled…. Firefox will start up with the Firefox Safe Mode dialog.

Note: You can also start Firefox in Safe Mode by holding down the shift key while starting Firefox.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online