1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mouse/Keyboard clicks and typing delayed reaction

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bubbabeanextreme, May 30, 2019.

1. bubbabeanextreme

bubbabeanextreme Thread Starter

I've been having this issue for a few months now. I open my browser and start typing in the address bar and the first half of my search term isn't there. I click to open a new tab, and the new tab opens but about a second or even two later. I've done the usual maintenance routine and there's no change. What could be making this happen ? Note that this doesn't happen every single time.
    (C:OS 12og ssd, G: 500g hdd J: is a system partition, K: is a 500g ssd, J: 500g external drive)

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 3947 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000, 1845 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 110 GB (37 GB Free); G: 450 GB (365 GB Free); J: 0 GB (0 GB Free); K: 473 GB (120 GB Free); L: 465 GB (138 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Gateway, SJV70_HR
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Your one previous topic posted on the day you joined the site 6 March
    https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-display-freezing-momentarily-mouse-too.1224039/
    was replied to the next day, but no response was received from you.

I do appreciate of course, that the problem you asked for help with then, may have been solved without the advice offered on that topic.
    However whilst I am keen to try and help you, my typing of a reply and offering advice, is a waste of my time, if you are not going to respond

As a first approach what browser is this problem with and although you say you have
    I do not of course know what this maintenance was.

Try on the browser launching it in Safe Mode or without add-ons, that is the same effect but the name it is called by is dependant on the browser.
    For instance in IE it is without add-ons
    Press Windows key + R and then type “iexplore -extoff” without quotes and press ENTER.

Note: There is space after iexplore.

Check if issue persists, if no then add-ons may be causing the error.

In Firefox it is
    How to start Firefox in Safe Mode
    Click the menu button [​IMG] , click help [​IMG] Click the menu button [​IMG] , click Help and select Restart with Add-ons Disabled…. Firefox will start up with the Firefox Safe Mode dialog.

Note: You can also start Firefox in Safe Mode by holding down the shift key while starting Firefox.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1227885

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice