1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mouse & keyboard won't work

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rhguitar, Sep 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rhguitar

rhguitar Thread Starter

My computer was operating fine until I unplugged the Logitech USB mouse from the front USB to move it to a rear USB. Now niether my mouse or keyboard will function. I've tried another mouse with no success. I've restarted the computer using a restart button on the tower, no success there either. When I turn it on my screen shows no error messages and looks normal.

I tested my USB using a flash drive. Usually the computer will recognize it and will ask me what to do with it (i.e. open a folder etc.). It does not recognize that I put the drive in.

My computer is running on XP. It was built about two years ago by a tech guy. I have no reboot CD.

I am a novice at computers, what can I do to even access the unit to address this problem?:confused:

2. support.clpafs

support.clpafs

Before you try this use an older model PS2 mouse and keyboard.

Remove the HDD and insert it into a new Tower as a slave partition. They login as normal and access the new HDD via My Computer, Then go to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers and locate any drivers referring to logi32 (i think) and remove them.

Then insert the HDD back into the old computer and try it everything should work fine.

3. rhguitar

rhguitar Thread Starter

I did as you said. No file by that name or even close. Also tried PS2 mouse and keyboard with no result. Is there a way to reset windows to an earlier time while the Hard drive is in slave mode? Also, could there be a problem with my USB drivers as they do not seem to recognize anything? I have new registered windows XP disk on hand. thanks.

4. veeramani

veeramani

Hello,

Here is my problem :

While shutting down my system I happen to see my keyboard flickering. I can also see a light red light.

When I switched on second time, I was able to hear 4 short beep. After switching it off, once again I switched on the system. Now 2 short beep + 2 short beep + 3 or 4 short beep was heard.

After that my OS started loading fine. But then, my keyboard is not working. Even the initial green light is not coming up.

As per present condition, my keyboard is not working. But mouse light is up (working)

Note: I have connected my keyboard to different systems and confirmed that it is not working.

Can I have your valuable suggestion, regarding this issue.

5. greg.dent

greg.dent

Dude, get your own thread!

Use a PS/2 mouse and keyboard if you have one and use the system restore utility (Start > All Programs > Applications > System Tools > System Restore). This can restore your OS to an earlier point in time and back to the way it was.

That is, as long as the logitech mouse didn't take out your USB hub controller on the motherboard. This happened to me once!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752630

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice