1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mouse Lag

Discussion in 'Games' started by Vietboye, Jan 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Vietboye

Vietboye Thread Starter

Sup guys, I got a new Computer Dell Dimension E521 and am having a problem.

Whenever I run Warcraft III Im having some extreme mouse lag issues. I have a logitech mx310 but I dont believe its the mouse because I have another one and its got the same problem. Anyone know whats wrong?

Video card is
    Nvidia Geforce 6150 LE

Its the crappy onboard one which im gonna replace when I find a decent sale but as for now Im trying to see what I can do. Any help would be great. Thanks

2. MaverickUK

MaverickUK

Do you have a mouse with a PS/2 connector instead of USB? If so, use this and see if you have any mouse latency issues, if you do, post back. It may be something wrong with the driver version you have for the mouse, we'll see if it is when you post back with results. Can you also post your full system specifications please.

3. Compiler

Compiler

What about other games and desktop functions with the mouse?

Check out this link for Video card comparisions:
    http://www23.tomshardware.com/graphics.html?modelx=33&model1=529&model2=547&chart=196

But looking at the SIDES of that BTX system is VERY TIGHT space because its cooling system (designed for HOT P4-Netbust type CPUs) is in the way... I think the most powerful you can get safely inside there is a GF7600GT.

Look here $125~150:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...7600gt&Submit=ENE&N=0&Ntk=all&Go.x=14&Go.y=35

Don't get the Heatpipe (non fan) versions which I normally recommend, I don't think those would fit the case... maybe the ASUS version since its a flipout. You may have JUST enough power (305watts?) to power up a 7600GT... tight.

For others techie folks - I recommend you guys check out the new SILVER box dell chassis designs on the E5 series. The bigger silver XPS can handle the larger cards. Both are improvements over the olde black/grey designs in that they are updated.

http://www.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/dimen_e521?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

The BTX cooling design (which is used ONLY on their AMD line, shows how badly Dell handled AMD) cramps the space and I doubt allows anything larger than a 7600GT to actually fit inside. No rear cooling. If the PCIe x16 was one slot slower, it would help a bit more. So if you run into this or know someone looking at these - they'd do better with a Hpaq with slightly bigger PSU/space.

Note: The tech specs are not quite as easy to see as the XPS series. But the E520/E521 have 305watt PSUs and the XPS 410 series = 375watt PSUs. (750/1000watt on the Jetengine type XPS) Any such builds have limited upgrades or requires modifications.

PS: when looking at all the Dell systems ($1500~5000!) not a single one includes high-performance 800Mhz (much less 1066mhz) DDR2 RAM. Not much point spending $5000 for a PC with 4GB of SLOW RAM.

4. Vietboye

Vietboye Thread Starter

The computer doesnt support PS/2 =[. Shame cuz i got a new logitech keyboard, i just need to find a ps/2 to usb converter.

System specs are:
    Dell Dimension E521: AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual-Core 4200+
    Memory: 1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz- 2DIMMs
    Monitor: No Monitor
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE Integrated Graphics GPU
    Hard Drive: 250GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cache™
    OS XP Media Center Edition 2005
    CD ROM/DVD ROM: 16x DVD+/-RW Drive
    Sound Cards: Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio
    Speakers: No speakers
    Limited Warranty, Services and Support Options: 1Yr Ltd Warranty and At-Home Service
    Upgrade to Windows Vista: Express Upgrade to Windows Vista Home Premium from XP Media Center Edition

5. Vietboye

Vietboye Thread Starter

The mouse works perfectly fine in all my windows apps so far.(Ive only had the comp for about a day). It seems to play Battlefield 2142 fine (im not sure if theres mouse lag in this game because ive never played it before)so I don't think the on board video card just plain sucks too much. Maybe some sort of compatibility issue?

The reason I got this computer was because it was an impulse buy because it was such a great deal. $309 no tax free shipping!

And if the 7600gt is the best thing that can fit thats fine. Coincidentally I was actually looking at that card at Fry's because I am in the market for a card around that price range. $125-$160.

Also I got a 400 watt power supply on my old computer I can swap if theres ever a power issue.

6. Compiler

Compiler

$309 is a KILLER deal of a price.. with 1GB RAM? Geez, thats not on there website now, not even their single core AMDs are that cheap with half the RAM.

Yeah, make sure its the GT, not the GS... a world of difference.

Does the Dell mouse that came with the PC have an issue with Warcraft3?

Some logitech keyboards have USB or include an adapter.

7. Vietboye

Vietboye Thread Starter

Yeah i bought the computer through the military from dell, thats why it was such a good deal. The stock dell mouse has the same lag issue too so im pretty sure its not the mouse. This has got me really frustrated =[

8. Compiler

Compiler

Do this for me...

go to here:

http://www.unrealtournament.com/ut2004/downloads.html

Get the UT2004 demo - install and run game... see how mouse controls your character. I have my mouse to control all movement (not the keyboard).. but that is up to you.

If you ONLY have an issue with WoW - then I recommend asking for HELP on the WoW newsgroups... as so far, nobody has seems to pinpoint the issue here.

Do make sure you have Adaware and Spybot Search & Destory to clean out your PC of junkware (www.downloads.com) and if you don't have one, get AVG free antivirus from http://free.grisoft.com

9. Vietboye

Vietboye Thread Starter

Alright I tried the Unreal and it appears to be in this game too. Pretty bad actually, if not worse than warcraft III frozen throne.

I'm fairly certain its not a virus or any spy ware crap because this happened the first day I had the computer.

So we know its not just the game... Ive updated my video driver and tried the mouse driver and a different mouse. Process of elimination I'm guessing its just the card itself sucks.

To clarify on the problem. Its not so much that its laggy or glitchy. Its more of a delayed response time. Thanks for all the input so far you've been a great help.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538184

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice