1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mouse left click will not 'stick or hold'

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fzuccaro, May 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fzuccaro

fzuccaro Thread Starter

Sony laptop VGN S270P w/XP SP2/2600. 1gb RAM.

In ANY application clicking the left mouse button on any choice, for instance, the Start menu, will not hold or stay chosen. I usually have to resort to holding the button down or multiple attempts of clicking or some chicanery. Right button works fine. This happens across all different brands of mice and on the built in mouse pad, or either USB port or the built-in Bluetooth. I have tried every conceivable permutation of settings via Control Panel-still no change in this defect. I have erased all the USB choices in Device Manager and rebooted so they would reload per Microsoft's procedure. No fix. My drivers seem to be the latest versions of Intel 82801DB/DBM USB 2.0.

I can forward a MSINFO report if necessary.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/710103

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice