1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Mouse moves too slowly

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Alex Ethridge, May 14, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge Thread Starter

Using Lenovo tablet with Intel i7-855u Processor, 8GB RAM, Windows 10 64-bit. I don't like and don't use the touchpad. I use a wireless USB mouse. The same mouse I have used on another laptop where it runs plenty fast enough for me.

I've adjusted to the fastest possible speed in Control Panel; but the fastest is still too slow. This mouse has three kinds of speeds, too slow, much too slow and much more too slow.

What can I do?

2. Lanctus

Lanctus

Try this: In the Windows search box, type ‘mouse’ and when it appears click on ‘Change your mouse settings’ (it may also display ‘Mouse settings’).
    In the right hand side, click on ‘Additional mouse settings’.
    Open the ‘Pointer Options’ tab.
    Adjust the ‘Motion’ setting until you achieve the desired speed. — the change takes affect immediately but is not saved until you click ‘OK’ or ‘Apply’.
    Your computer may have an additional tab (like on a Tablet)– if you have an additional tab open it and check if you have additional settings for adjusting the mouse speed.
    Click ‘OK’ to save the changes.

3. Alex Ethridge

Thanks but this is the same dialog box in Control Panel that I mentioned in my initial post. As an aside, there is no mention in there about a Tablet.

4. Lanctus

Lanctus

Have you checked your drivers and Windows updates?

5. Alex Ethridge

Yes

6. Lanctus

Lanctus

So let me clarify the issue: your experiencing issues like the mouse will jump across the screen, like FPS lag? Or is it more like the mouse is out of batteries and is only occasionally working?

If it is the first, I would suggest opening up the task manager and looking under the performance window. Is your CPU being over-taxed by anything?

On a more simpler note, try blowing out the crevice where the laser or optical reader tracks your movements. Hair and dust may be interrupting the tracking process and causing the havoc. If you're not using a mouse pad, also, I would highly suggest it.

If your wireless USB receiver uses one USB port, try moving it to a different USB header if you have it. Try bringing the mouse closer to your device to see if it is a signal degradation issue.

7. Alex Ethridge

You are reading things into my initial post that are simply not there.

It is neither of those.

8. Lanctus

Lanctus

I would disagree I'm reading things that are not there, but that's not important to the problem. I've provided several avenues of attack on this issue, including some you haven't mentioned trying, and you just return with negative responses. Not helpful and I'm obviously not helping you, so I'll let someone else step in. Hope you get your issue fixed.

9. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Have you checked for new driver for them mouse being used on this tablet?

Could be the USB port is just slower on the tablet than it is on a laptop.

10. Alex Ethridge

You're probably right. I've got a few wired mice around here somewhere I think. I'll try to find one of those. I turned the mouse pad over yesterday just to see how it would work on the reverse side; it didn't move at all. Never had a mouse that would not move at all on the back side.

I'll get back and let you know how it comes out.

11. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

That presumes the problem is the mouse.
    If the problem is other than that, a new mouse would not of course solve it.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1227160

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice