Mouse not functioning

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bizzt

Here is an interesting one...
I have a new Dell E6510 Windows XP SP3
The Touchpad and Keyboard work good and when I use an External Keyboard that works great
When I plug Standard Dell Mouse into the USB port on the computer it beeps says it installed the Device Successfully
I can see the Device in both the USB Root hub taking 98 mA of power and I can also see the Driver it is using under
Human Interface Device.

The mouse should work but it does not. I cannot click or move the mouse. One thing that I have noticed is when I uninstall the Root Hub or the Human Interface Device the light turns off and then when I scan for new Hardware and re-install the mouse will function for 2 seconds then it goes away again but the light remains on.

It works when the First Driver for the Device is installed USB Human Interface Device but when the other driver starts installing
HID-Compliant Device it then stops working.

The mouse works and is functioning on multiple other computers and on this computer when I install say Windows 7 for example. I have tried several different mice as well including a Logitech Trackball. I am thinking it is the Drivers... Does anyone know how to change said drivers?

Thanks
Tim

I have had this problem before and went crazy trying to resolve it. In the end I think it was a redundant driver issue and I think all I did was reboot into safe mode and remove all mouse drivers then started up in normal mode with the mouse plugged in and it worked. Worth a try if you have not already :)

bizzt

I will give that a go... I am guessing remove both Laptop and External mouse drivers. If that does not do it then I guess I will re-image the stupid thing again...

Thanks again

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online