1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mouse not recharging

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Senryi, Feb 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Senryi

Senryi Thread Starter

Hello, I have a Logitech MX1000 Cordless Laser mouse. I have had it for little less than a year and just today it has died on me. The mouse's battery light was in the red and then suddenly turned off. I placed it in the stand and the light came back on. A few second later though the mouse's light when off. And now after being about an hour since I put it in the stand the mouse has no light ons what so ever. Is my mouse dead, and do I have to get a new one because of it? Or is there some way to revive it? The Stand is plugged in, the mouse is sitting firmly on the stand, and every thing is connected.

2. norton850

norton850

I don't think that I can definitely answer this. It could be the mouse or the charger, but one thing you might what to check are the rechargeable batteries in the mouse. Assuming it has them. I have a MX700 that does. I also seem to have a keyboard with a space bar that is having some problems.

Edit: Now that is strange as I typed this reply there were huge spaces between the words. Yet it looks fine in the final version.

3. hewee

hewee

There is on the bottom of the mouse a off switch so see if it is off or on.
    Then if the mouse does not get used after a set amount of time all the lights will turn off.
    Also it has to set down just right in the charger or it will not charge so check that.
    Then you can bring up the setpoint and click on mouse battery to see what it says.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541295

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice