1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mouse not working on boot up

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by alamb200, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. alamb200

alamb200 Thread Starter

Hi,

We have a Fujitsu Siemens PC which has a annoying problem, when the pc is restarted the mouse does not work after multiple reboots it might start working or if you unplug it then plug it back in it will work.

I have a fair idea what the problem is but if anyone can offer a solution I would appreciate it.

I think the problem is because the PC was bought as a Vista pc but was supplied with downgrade disks to XP which I used, but after looking on the Fujitsu website for a solution it would appear this pc does not support XP.

This leads me to think it is a chipset issue their is an new one for Vista but that is all.

Can anyone else help?

Thanks,

alamb200

2. maceman

maceman

Hi alamb200,
    Is this an usb mouse?

3. alamb200

alamb200 Thread Starter

Yes it is, the pc does not have a ps2 socket unfortunately

4. maceman

maceman

If everything else works with USB, the problem must be the mouse. Can you try an another mouse?

5. alamb200

alamb200 Thread Starter

Hi maceman,

I tried that but it made no difference either.

6. maceman

maceman

Maybe you should try to re-install your usb drivers. Hope it's not the usb port.

7. alamb200

alamb200 Thread Starter

I have tried the reinstall of USB option as well as different ports but still have the same issue which is why I was querying the compatibility issue.

8. maceman

maceman

That is the reason I hate computers :D
    Maybe you should check out your mouse options.

9. alamb200

alamb200 Thread Starter

You and me both they were designed to ruin my life. I will see what I can find in the settings

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/915775

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice