1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mouse not working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by inna0, Jan 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inna0

inna0 Thread Starter

I have a HP ProBook 4710s.
    The touchpad doesn't work properly, it can work a few minutes but then it just goes crazy and when I try to touch it the pointer goes everywhere and opens loads of programs or folders that I didn't even try to open. And it goes in random directions that I didn't even try to point it to.
    So that's why I needed to use an USB mouse, but they can't work either.

I have a wireless USB mouse and one that is connected by wire but neither of them work.
    They both used to and now they don't. I tried them at other computers but they work - the mouses aren't the problem.
    It used to say "device not recognized " when I plug the one with a wire..But now it doesn't say anything and it doesn't work.

I reinstalled Windows but the problem is still here.

I tried deinstalling all the ports through device manager but the problem remains.

I can plug in any other USB thingy..like a flash drive or my camera or something and it all works.

What could be the problem and how to solve it?

2. Lucky09

Lucky09

Hi,

Try resetting BIOS.

3. inna0

inna0 Thread Starter

What happens when I reset BIOS?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085531

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice