1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mouse Not Working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by djodh, Oct 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. djodh

djodh Thread Starter

There is a bit to this but basically any mouse I buy does not work with my computer. What happened was I moved my computer from one wall to another, but am using the same socket. The mouse I was using started randomly disconnecting from from the computer but then immediately reconnecting. So I decided to see if it was the usb port and tried it in all my other ones, and it had the same problem. So I figure its a problem with the mouse and I use a temporary mouse that the scroll wheel doesn't work. This mouse has no problems working in any of the usb slots. So then I buy a new wired mouse. This one won't work at all. Figure it might be defective, bring it back and buy a logitech M510 wireless mouse. This one will not work also. It works on all the other computers in my house except for mine. I've tried it in every usb slot. I have tons of other stuff plugged into the USB slots that work no problem. No idea what is wrong, anyone have any ideas?

2. dai

dai

did you remove the plugs from the back of the box before moving it

check all plugs and cards are secure inside and out

uninstall the mouse from the device manager and reboot

see if it works ok with windows generic support

if it does install the drivers and software for the mouse and see if it continues to be ok

check the bios to see if the wired port is enabled

3. djodh

djodh Thread Starter

I removed all the plugs, so thats not the problem. All the plugs are secure, but haven't opened my case. They should be fine though seeing as everything else works in every usb port. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, that did not change anything. And its a wireless mouse now, but my wired mouse works.

It kinda detects when I plug the little usb port in. It lights up then the light turns off after a bit.

4. dai

dai

in the device manager click on view at the top and in the dropdown
    show hidden devices
    then uninstall all listed usb items
    turn the computer off
    unplug usb plugs
    reboot twice
    replug in the usb plugs

if this does not fix try a cmos reset

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1110037

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice