mouse not working

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MIMOC

My mouse dissappeared. If I boot in safe mode I can see and use the mouse, but if I boot normally the mouse is no longer there. I have a message "driver not found", but not in safe mode. Already used CCleaner, superantispyware and spybot. The problem remains. It is quite dificult for me to download anything that I can't transfer via usb because of the mouse not working. If I boot in safe mode I do not have access to internet. Using Windows ME. Thanks in advance!!

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Is the mouse connected to the round PS/2 port or to one of the USB ports?

What brand and model mouse is it?

---------------------------------------------------------------

MIMOC

It is a PS2 mouse, but tried with 2 different USB and a serial also. Same problem =( works fine in safe mode, won't work in normal boot.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I'm at a loss as to why your mouse works in safe mode and not in normal mode because I've never seen that happen.

You're unable to connect to the Internet while in safe mode because it doesn't allow the network adapter and/or dial-up modem to work when in safe mode. Most drivers are disabled when in safe mode. That's why your computer's resolution and color palette changes, and why the sound doesn't work.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online