1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mouse not working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by badri.india, Jan 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. badri.india

badri.india Thread Starter

Hi,

I have been using my old iball mouse without any problem for years. Today I bought a new mouse (ps/2) and plugged into the cpu. But it was not working. Then I changed it by trying my old mouse and it was working fine. Again I tried with new mouse and I found it working and turned off the computer.

After sometime when I turned on the computer but my new mouse seems to be not working. I tried with my old mouse and both did not work.

For both mouses I am able to see the lights glowing in the mouse. Also I am able to see the mouse pointer in the screen. But I am not able to move the pointer / left click / right click or any other thing.

Advices are appreciated.

Regards

2. Sponsor

3. badri.india

help in this issue is really much appreciated!

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Are you turning the computer off when plugging in the mouse? If not you can cause damage and the mouse simply will not be detected correctly. Also check for bent or broken pins.

5. badri.india

Hi,
    I plug in the mouse after turning off the computer and then I wait till plugging in. I will turn it on after that.

I have checked with both old mouse and new mouse. Pins are not bent. I am able to see the lights glowing in both of the mouses when plugged in but the issue is, it is not functional in moving cursor / left click / right click.

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Do either of the mice work in Safe Mode?

7. badri.india

Hi,

Let me check that and will get back!

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/786287

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice