1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mouse periodically disconnects, sometimes hard-lock on screen.

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Hakezu, May 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hakezu

Hakezu Thread Starter

Hello everyone, about a day or two ago I started noticing that my mouse would freeze for about half a second every couple of minutes or so.

It first occurred while I was playing Heroes of the Storm, after a couple of temporary(perhaps 10 or so?) mouse freezes it would hard-lock my computer and I would be unable to alt+tab/ctrl+alt+del, however I can still see the screen moving as the game progresses.

I noticed that so far the hard-lock only occurred when Firefox was also running, however it could also just be a coincidence.

I've scanned my computer using Avast! + Malwarebytes and they did not come up with anything.

The mouse freezes occur the most when I'm in a game of Heroes of the Storm, I would still say once every couple of minutes and only for about half a second and it'll keep doing it repeatedly or hard-lock the screen.

So far I've tried turning off the saving power options on the USB drives, but I doubt that's what's causing it.
    The only thing major that I considered I did was installing Hola Unblocker, and added string "xpinstall.enabled" to my about:config on Mozilla due to not being able to see the Hola icon, however I've already reset the string.

If anyone is able to help out with this problem I'd greatly appreciate it!

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    First and easiest step is to try another mouse and see if the issue remains or goes away. That will determine if we are looking at a hardware or a software problem (and sometimes in rare cases, both).

3. Hakezu

Hakezu Thread Starter

Going to swap out my mouse and see if it keeps happening.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1148096

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice