mouse pointer (cursor) disappears

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

grippette

I have windows 7 acer aspire 57333. Just recently when I am replying to an email the cursor (mouse pointer) disappears when I am typing. It moves and if I am not looking it jumps to another line and inserts my typing on this particular line. I'm frustrated...please help!! Thanks

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Go to Control Panel - Mouse

Select the Pointer Options tab

Uncheck Hide pointer while typing

Apply the change

-------------------------------------------------------

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I have windows 7 acer aspire 57333.
I'm guessing you made a typo in post #1 and that you actually have a Acer Aspire 5733 laptop.

Are you using the touchpad or an external wired/wireless mouse?

If the mouse arrow is jumping around, it may be set too sensitive or you may be accidentally moving it.

----------------------------------------------------------

grippette

Yes, I did make a type o. Sorry...I am using an external wireless Logitech mouse. Thanks for replying so quickly.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
...I am using an external wireless Logitech mouse.
I personally use a Logitech Wireless Mouse M310 with my Dell Precision M6300 laptop because I find it much easier and quicker to navigate and perform functions than with using the touchpad.

Make sure the surface you're using it on isn't too smooth or reflective.

Make sure it has a good battery.

Make sure it's not too close to any electronic devices that may be interfering with the wireless signal.

----------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online