1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mouse pointer issue

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by bradpark22, Nov 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bradpark22

bradpark22 Thread Starter

At times when I have a browser open my mouse pointer will spin in a circle until I had boot my PC. It does it on firefox, IE and chrome. How do i fix this issue please?

thx

2. VictoriaiiCe

VictoriaiiCe

The spinning circle indicates that Win 7 is busy- it's not your mouse. You might have too many processes running. You can check and list in here what is running to make sure ending the process won't affect the systems performance. Check what Processes are doing in the Task Manager. Right click the Taskbar and select Task Manager. In the new window select the Processes tab, then click the option at the bottom to "Show processes from all users".

3. bradpark22

Nothing out of the norm so what could be causing this guys please?

thx

4. huggie54

huggie54

you could try,goto device manager>right-click on the mouse entry and uninstall>reboot letting windows reinstall the driver automatically

5. VictoriaiiCe

VictoriaiiCe

Brad have you tried huggie's suggestion?

6. bradpark22

Yes, I didn't help. Any other ideas gals and guys?

thx

7. VictoriaiiCe

VictoriaiiCe

Follow these steps to switch to another mouse pointer scheme for your computer:
    • To access your mouse pointer properties in Windows 7, click on the start button, and type mouse pointer in the start menu's search field.
    • Click on the "Change how the mouse pointer looks" link displayed near the top:

[​IMG]
    • Windows 7 will open the Mouse Properties dialog, with the "Pointers" automatically selected.
    • The first group of options is labeled "Scheme", and determines what cursor theme Windows 7 will use for your mouse pointers (this scheme affects all the cursors, from the simple arrow pointer, to the hand cursor shown above clickable links, to the spinning orb ("wait" cursor), etc.)
    • A preview of all the cursors Windows 7 will use is displayed below, under the Customize scroll box:

[​IMG]
    • Just change scheme name under the Scheme dropdown menu at the top, and Windows will update the preview: this allows you to check out the cursors you would have before having to actually apply the new setting. As mentioned earlier, the "None" cursor theme is the one to use to make your computer faster if it is running slow (otherwise, the performance gain will be imperceptible).
    • Once you have chosen the mouse pointer scheme you want to use (and selected it in the Scheme dropdown), click on the OK button to apply the change and return to Windows.
    http://freewindowsvistatutorials.com/customizeChangeMousePointersCursorsSchemesThemesInWindows7.php

8. indianacarnie

indianacarnie

Run sfc/scannow

9. bradpark22

Thx Victoria. I will try it and see how it works for a few days.

10. VictoriaiiCe

VictoriaiiCe

No problem let me know if it works if not I'm sure we'll find another way ;)

11. Courtneyc

Courtneyc

FYI, as surprising at it may sound, since XP, the mouse cursor is controlled by the video card, not the processor. Quick test: Can you still select things, such as the Start Orb, while you have the blue circle? If you can, you may be able to solve your problems by simply updating your video drivers.

If you system is really busy, try changing your browser to show a blank page by default. This way, it isn't trying to load something every time you open a new page or tab.

12. VictoriaiiCe

VictoriaiiCe

It's basically a Win 7 setting (the annoying spinning circle) It's just an indication as you and I implied too many processes running but I heard that adjusting the scheme may change the spinning circle issue...I've seen alot of complaints about this actually. Can't wait to get windows 8 LOL

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!