Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mouse pointer moves when using the arrow keys

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Couriant 
#1 ·
So my fellow TSG crew, riddle me this:

I have a laptop using a Dell Dock with USB mouse/keyboard. I have 3 external monitors and I do not use the laptop monitor.

I have somehow activated using the arrow keys to move the mouse pointer. I have confirmed that I do not have Ease of Access / Mouse settings turned on. I have 3 monitors and right now the mouse pointer moves on screen 2. If I have the mouse on on screen 1 or 3, and then use the arrow keys, then the mouse will jump to screen 2 and move around. When I move the mouse it does seem to have a limited area, as in it does not go to the end of the monitor.

Note: this only happens with the arrow keys that is separate to the numberpad arrows. I do not have the NumLock Locked for the Fn keys (arrows, home, end, etc).

So why is this happening?

#2 ·
A stab in the dark here, but a quick google and this solution maybe a fix.

Force Close MS Paint Process
Microsoft Paint allows a user to move the cursor with the arrow keys. But the problem arises when, due to a software glitch, MS Paint does not "realize" that it has lost focus and is running in the background, thus keeps the behaviour of controlling the cursor with the arrow keys. In that case, killing all the MS Paint processes in the background may solve the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.